Gotham Heat Gotham Heat

great short

Fantastic! Im keen on doing a batman short film too, its always great to see an animated short geared toward the cinematic rather than comedy or parody. il say what i think could be improved for your next film:

- some pieces of dialogue were a bit too geared toward explaining whats happening, and its obvious, they talk about the "tip off" twice, "we just got swarmed with bats!" .. it seems unnatural (voice acting was superb though)

- some sfx was not on par with the soundtracks cinematic feel because theres stock footstep sounds (from cs?) and police sirens, with no post work done on them. If theyre in an empty warehouse, put all the sfx together, then go into an audio editor and add some echo, some stereo effect, some fades/pitch bend..etc, just little tweaks to make it seem real, and not a stock sound.

- your stage size is tiny. adjust your stage size so its as big as newgrounds will allow, and host it fullscreen somewhere!

-stay away from side view (2D) angles, it hinders the illusion of a movie

-look up 1 and 2 point perspective (andew loomis), it wont take long to learn and it will greatly help on all your scenes/building perspectives!

Hope you take this advice with a pinch of salt, as the film was great. Keep up the good work!

Kevin's Eighth April Kevin's Eighth April

cute

its really cute, the music fits perfectly and it made me smile so it gets a 10.

Even things that some people would say are wrong with the movie like the animation, or background resizing.. just add to its charm.. if it looked perfect it would look too proffessional, and that would take away some of its character.

karthon responds:

I know, Music is awesome, I made this with inspiration of this music

Skeleton Jack Skeleton Jack

amazing..

i usually only fraise fbf flash, because i am stricly traditional animator.. but this was amazing, if you worked into it.. improved your skills you could get a pilot aired on tv and adapted into a series. Maybe you should aim for that as your goal. I really loved it, go for a longer animation next time!

Twilight: The Broodening Twilight: The Broodening

what?

you need to put this crap on youtube.. newgrounds is an ANIMATION website

+i didnt think this was funny at all

Frog Frog

LMAO

cant decided whether to give you a 0 or a 5. so ill give you a 5.

hillarious, its had a really retarded feel to it, like a special child made it. i liked it

2nd Annual Tank Awards 2nd Annual Tank Awards

chucks new tux???

you gotta be kidding me...

Like Poetry Like Poetry

i really enjoyed it..

i also really like how you draw the guys face, and nose.. kinda Tim Burton esque.. i think if you laid off the white through the whole movie.. the end tree wouldve been more powerful. Fitting music.

Can you please explain to me what it all means, because im having a hard time figuring this one out?

thanks!

2008 Showreel 2008 Showreel

....

you REALLY need to start writing/working on your own show. 10min episodes online or something.

whats stopping you? This stuff is amazing.

Demo Reel 2009 Demo Reel 2009

amazing..

Incredible stuff, keep it up!

CoreyStuckInPurgatoryVIII CoreyStuckInPurgatoryVIII

great production, poor story

I think your artwork is amazing, and the same with the animation, voicework and style.. even if it is a little inconsistent in places. But im not very pulled in by the story or characters, so i think you should work on that a bit.